Saturday, October 29, 2011

What is TDD Kata?

I wasn't aware untill I read this post : TDD Katas
Joseph Bulger is one who encourage me to start this, thanks Jose.
I am still looking for more explanatory articles/lectures/things for TDD Kata.

Here is what my understanding for the same with reference to Osherove and Jose's writing:



I Refered to Wikipedia and found that :

"Kata is a Japnese words and describing detailed choreographed patterns of movements practised either solo or in pairs."
It is well explained by Bob Martin here .

At this point, the question is what does this have to do with TDD [i.e Test Driven Development]?
In simple words, just imagine you are the well-known trainer and you are doing lot of mentoring work, now is it possible to make everyone aware from whole process how you implement or design the process.
In sure-shot "NO". So, here is the answer, Kata is a step-by-step learning to lead ahead with TDD.

I am still a learner at the time of writting this stuff. My purpose of this post is just share my thoughts and steps towards TDD Katas. I love to break-down the steps of my development,o, I found kata is the best for me.

Wait and watch my stuffs at GitHub : Gaurav Arora.

No comments:

Post a Comment